Review: The Love Hypothesis - Ali Hazelwood








Review: The Love Hypothesis - Book #1 Love Series -Ali Hazelwood - September 2021

The last few months, I have been trying harder to get back into reading print books as for the past two years all I read was ebooks and my bookshelf kept stacking up with new books and sitting there forgotten about. I have been enjoying clearing it and finally got around to the first book in Ali Hazelwood's series. I have been excited to read this one as the cover etc gave me off Lessons in Chemistry and The Theory of Physics from Penny Reid vibes which are two series I loved of hers. I also am a sucker for the geeky, nerdy, and socially awkward characters as in a way I see myself in them. I may not be a scientist like these characters, but I recognize some of the qualities as I went the writing and arts side of degrees and qualifications. In The Love Hypothesis, we meet Olive who is studying for her Ph.D. in pancreatic cancer and looking for a cure as her mum died from the disease. Olive finds herself in a weird position as her best friend wants to date a guy but she thinks that Olive will be hurt if she dates him. This causes Olive to kiss the first guy she sees and it turns out to be Professor Adam Carlsen. Adam is known for being a hard-ass professor and Mr. Rude and Obnoxious. The pair start a fake-dating romance and of course, you can guess the way this ends as many of us have read many fake romance books. I do have to admit, though I did enjoy this book overall - it was quite a slow-paced and slow-burn romance which annoyed me in spots. However, it was a fun read and I am now looking forward to moving on and reading Book #2 Love on the Brain.

Amazon: https://amzn.to/3Ymjrpq






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid