Review: Girl Overboard - Sandra Block







Review: Girl Overboard - Sandra Block - May 2022

As the year comes to a close, I am still reading and increasing my reading challenge goal which was 300 books, but now sitting at 311 read for 2023. Scrolling on the Libby App this morning, I tried two other books but they were both in the LGBTQA+ genre and as I do prefer straight romance being straight myself, when I do read LGBTQA+ books I have to be in the right frame of mind and today wasn't it as they both ended up being DNFs. So Girl Overboard was a third-time lucky read that I got hooked on. Girl Overboard by Sandra Block is a YA thriller read, I had previously read a few of Sandra's books but they have been geared towards the adult audience rather than teens. Reading this book though was a familiar storyline that made me think I must have read it, but what it was is that it's a similar storyline to Diana Urban's book also set on a cruise ship which I read earlier on in the year. In Girl Overboard, we meet Izzy and Jade who are on the cruise with their families. Jade is a risk taker and a bit of a flirt/party animal and what happens when she gets involved with the wrong sort of people? Izzy is about to find out as she raises the ship's alarm when she reports her friend Jade has been missing for two days. The cruise and police have put it down to "Girl Overboard" and a suicide but Izzy knows Jade would never do that. Something else happened to Jade and if the police and others aren't going to believe Izzy, then it's up to Izzy to find out the truth - but what will happen when she gets too close and the "baddies" cause her mum to be poisoned and her brother threatened? Find out in this great YA thriller "Girl Overboard" by Sandra Block.

Amazon: https://amzn.to/3RzPoHV









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid