Review: A Thousand Boy Kisses - Tillie Cole









Review:A Thousand Boy Kisses - Tillie Cole - March 2016


This book has been one that I have wanted and been meaning to read for years, ever since it was first released, however as life happens and all readers know - new books are released and others take priority and they slowly get forgotten about until they don't as it pops back up on your radar and you are like I am going to read it now. That was Tillie Cole's A Thousand Boy Kisses and OMG I did not know too much about it what an emotional ride it would take me on it packs the emotional punch. The first death happens earlier on in the book which sets up the theme of A Thousand Boy Kisses between best friends Poppy and Rune. Then one day when the pair are 15 years old - Rune's family ends up returning to Norway. During this time, something happens and Poppy cuts off all contact with Rune. Expecting never to see him again but alas the family moved back next door two years later and they are now 17 years old. Rune has changed into an angry man when Poppy cuts off contact with him- it breaks him and he becomes hardened and all the darkness starts to seep inside of him. Seeing him again breaks Poppy as now she has to tell him the reason, yet she doesn't want to cause more pain to an already hurting Rune. This happens on page 118 and OMFG break out the tissues during this page as I don't normally cry in books but this page had me tearing up and then just as things start getting happy again - we have another sad moment and then that darn epilogue which I had to read twice. I even had to come out after reading this book to the lounge and get a hug from my partner as I felt emotional and needed comfort. I think part of it too is because it hit closer to home as my sister is currently dying and we don't know how long she has got but boy this book was like WOW and will leave an impact on everyone who reads it.



Amazon: https://amzn.to/48ewYTX









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid