Review: Avocado Magic - Taltal Levi








Review: Avocado Magic - Taltal Levi - March 2024

I had been in the past couple of weeks in a really bad reading slump for myself and when I get like this and I am screaming out for books to read, I give myself something quick to read and I know I had a couple of picture books left on my Netgalley shelf to read and review. Avocado Magic by Taltal Levi was one of them and after reading this book, I guarantee it will give you and other readers a new appreciation for the Avocado which is often a tasteless food. In Avocado Magic by Taltal Levi, it is Ellie's birthday. She goes to bed all excited but when she wakes up in the morning, she is disappointed as even though she is now a whole year older, she doesn't feel any different than she did the day before. Nothing has changed, how can a birthday and being a year older not make any significant change? Her Dad, seeing Ellie is down gives her an Avocado seed to nurture and grow and explains that just like this process can be slow and steady with a little bit of everyday joy and magic in our lives, we can grow to be amazing just like the avocado from seed to ready to eat. The moral of this book is that we all need a little Avocado Magic in our lives and to appreciate the small moments and joy in our everyday lives though it might not be obvious to the naked eye, great and amazing things are happening in the background. Also included at the end of this book are instructions on how to grow your own Avocado from seed. This picture book with its beautiful illustrations is perfect for children aged 6-10 years old.

Amazon: https://amzn.to/3GVpcma






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid