Review: All Summer Long - Melody Carlson







All Summer Long (Follow Your Heart #2)

Review : All Summer Long - #Book 2 Follow Your Heart - Melody Carlson - June 2016


One of my favorite Christian authors is Melody Carlson and I have decided this year to try and get back into reading more CF and what better author to restart than Melody Carlson and catching up on the books of hers I haven't yet read. This particular one takes place in San Francisco which I loved as in December 2013, I visited it with my friend Nina and loved it. It reminded me of Wellington where I was born in New Zealand. The different places the main character visits, I felt myself going "I've been there, I remember that place". In All Summer Long, Tia is moving back to help her Aunt Julie and her Uncle turn their yacht they have inherited into a dining experience and a floating restaurant. With Tia's cooking background, she has been hired as the chef and to help with the menu and design. This is the change she was looking for and a new start. Tia is in for a surprise as she is about to be reunited with the guy she shared her first kiss back when she was sixteen at Sailing camp when she last visited her Aunt - Leo Parkes. Leo has been hired as the ship's captain. Sparks fly and chemistry sizzles between the pair but what happens when it turns out Leo is engaged to Natalie and she is not what anyone expected for Leo. Tia tries to move on, but her heart has been captured by Leo. Can Tia take a step back and let Leo decide which girl he wants, when he takes his step back and decides to really "follow his heart"? Who will Leo choose - Tia or Natalie? Find out in All Summer Long by Melody Carlson.  Now after doing some research, I discovered that Hallmark had picked up this book and made a movie and I was keen at first to give it a go but after seeing the cast and reading the plot - I just couldn't as they had the actors too old and the main guy in the movie as Jake, not Leo and it didn't help that there was a Jake in this book but he was a tiny side character. It's like come on, it's not that hard - if you are making a movie based on a book - try to stick as close with ages and names.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid