Review: Losing Faith - EL George






Losing Faith: A Broken Roses Novella

Review: Losing Faith - #Broken Roses Novella - E.L George - January 2021

Stories like Losing Faith are ones that hit that spot in my heart and contribute to the slowly breaking as I just feel for all the characters in the book. It could be partly due that they often reflect parts of my life and the fact that I have a soft spot for children in the system and kids in general. I also felt for all parties in this book especially Aster and the foster mother. In Losing Faith, we meet baby Faith who has been taken off her mother temporarily as the situation isn't ideal and we read Aster's experiences of trying to work with the mother but not getting anywhere. Faith's mother reminded me so much of my sister whom we will call K, she had her two boys taken off her, and then when we had visitations with them as I would join them so I could spend time with my nephews as I love them to bits, she would spend like 5 minutes and then the whole time would be about her and she would ask the caregivers to pay for her coffees as she would complain about not having money or she would flirt with other guys and play the doting mother card. Sadly, Losing Faith isn't one of those HEA stories but a story where despite everything and evidence it just wasn't enough to keep Faith safe and she went back with her mother.  If you love stories about the system and the kids inside and fans of authors like Torey Hayden, then you will enjoy E.L George's books as they too will tug on your heartstrings.


Amazon: https://amzn.to/3afve0d





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid