Review: 22 Seconds - ( Women's Murder Club) -James Patterson and Maxine Paetro





Women's Murder Club TV Show Air Dates & Track Episodes - Next Episode




Review: 22 Seconds - Book #22 Women's Murder Club Series - James Paterson and Maxine Paetro - May 2022

James Patterson is one of those authors that you either love or hate, for me, I have been reading this particular series since I was about 15-16 years old as I picked it up from a market in Matamata when I was staying with my Nana - a copy of 2nd Chance and from that day, I have been forever following James Patterson and his books. I have to admit though that this one, like the last couple, felt a bit too busy in plots for my liking and I got about halfway and then had to persevere to finish the rest of the story. I did find the main storyline of guns and gun laws interesting especially with the current state of the mass shootings in the US and what has been happening. I did however find Claire's storyline as she went to consult on a case unnecessary as it really didn't have any relevance to the story and it just felt like it was chucked in because they needed to feature her a bit more sadly and in doing so, they also quickly rushed that storyline as well and it was over in a couple of chapters and forgotten about. In saying that I did love the family life of Joe and Lindsay and loved seeing how Julie is getting bigger - especially with her turning four in this book and I liked the small flashback to the previous book with the bomb that went off at the Science Museum when Joe and Lindsay were celebrating their anniversary. Overall, this wasn't a favorite but it did get me wondering whether we are nearing the end of the Women's Murder Club as it has been 22 books now and eventually all series must come to an end.

Amazon: https://amzn.to/3b6Akjk









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid