Review: Dottie's Memories - Steena Holmes






Dementia vs. Alzheimer's Disease: What Is the Difference? | alz.org



Dottie's Memories (Finding Emma, #2.5)

Review: Dottie's Memories - Book #2.5 Finding Emma Series - Steena Holmes - August 2013


If you loved Caroline B. Cooney's The Face on the Milk Carton, then you will enjoy the Finding Emma series. This is the last book that I needed to read and then I have read all five books in this series. As readers know, Dottie was Mary's mother who due to her dementia thought that Emma was her granddaughter sent by Mary. Emma became Emmie and went to live with Dottie and Jack from the age of 3 to the age of 5 years old when she was returned to her parents. Dottie's Memories is a series of journal excerpts written by Dottie during this time as she has her waves of clarity and then her unsureness creeps in. The book is written completely in journal/diary format and only makes sense if you have read the other books in this series. It is also a nice quick read if you are on the lookout for something to just hit that reading itch. This series has been one of my favorites as I love reading stories about child abductions and then the return moments to their real families. I think it is because growing up, this happened to me twice as a baby (before I was 15 months old) but thank goodness my parents got me back almost immediately both times and one of them was a similar case to this book where an old lady thought I was her granddaughter in Queensgate Mall in Lower Hutt, NZ.

Amazon: https://amzn.to/3OqmmHN













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid