Review: Good Husbands - Cate Ray








Review: Good Husbands - Cate Ray - June 2022

I have to admit with this book, I didn't have a high expectation as a friend had read it and said she found it similar to Anatomy of a Scandal and that she didn't like the way the ending fell and that it was a slow burn. For me, I was most worried about the slow burn part as I prefer my stories fast-paced. I need to be pulled in almost immediately if not straightaway. This book, surprised me as I was drawn in from the first page and the book, I could see why my friend thought it was a slow burn but surprisingly it worked for the story itself. The book starts with three different wives receiving a letter from a girl who claims that 30 years ago roughly her mother was raped by three guys and those three guys are now the three women's husbands. The girl is dying and with no other family and claiming that one of the three is her dad, she has left the contents of her storage shed to them which includes her mother's diary. Each of the three women at first doesn't want to believe and disrupt their lives but as the book goes along, we see cracks starting to appear in their perfect marriages and relationships and it looks like the letter writer was telling the truth. How would you cope if you learned that your husband/father of your children sexually assaulted a female and got away with it? I have to say, I was a little disappointed with the ending as it felt rushed, and then when the "real reason' the letters were posted, it felt a bit of a let-down to the story as a whole. Overall, though if you are looking for a good domestic thriller, then Good Husbands by Cate Ray is the way to go like myself, it will surprise you as it turns into a story you won't be able to put down.


Amazon:
https://amzn.to/3O0kGVi






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid