Review: You'll be the Death of Me - Karen McManus






You'll Be the Death of Me

Review: You'll be the Death of Me - Karen McManus - November 2021

As readers of my blog know I love my YA thrillers and have read all of Karen McManus's books to date, so was excited to read You'll Be the Death of Me, which I have had on hold from my library. I finally got around to it this morning and I have to say even though I finished it, it wasn't one of my favorites by her as there was something about it that just fell flat in the end, and the last part of the book when everything was coming to a close just felt rushed and shoved under the carpet. The book starts with three students who back from 6th-8th grade were the best of friends and then they went their separate ways, now in their senior year, the three are having a bad day and decide to relive their greatest day ever, and skip school to Boston. We have Cal, Mateo, and Ivy. The three head to Boston with plans to just have fun, but when they find the dead body of one of their classmates also skip school. The three of them find themselves during not only a murder scene but as the book goes on, the three of them will learn they have uncovered a massive drug ring involving Opioids that has been operating in their smalltown of Carlton, and each of the three are about to learn that this drug ring hits closer to home for them all. This was a crazy full-on ride and, in some parts, felt too busy but overall a good YA mystery read that reminded me a bit of the Riverdale gang from the CW series- Riverdale.

Amazon: https://amzn.to/3O4YFow




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid