Review: Someone to Kiss my Scars - Brooke Skipstone

Are memories reliable? Expert explains how they change more than we realise


Someone to Kiss My Scars

Review: Someone to Kiss My Scars - Brooke Skipstone - October 2019


Needing a book to read before bed, I was scrolling and clicked on this book. I was going in blind as I didn't know what this one was about or could remember. I had previously read one of this author's books before that was a little odd, so had expected maybe something similar. The book starts with Hunter who can't seem to remember anything from his past, but lately, he has been having strong visions of people's stories and they all feature around sex whether it be a shame, abuse, or romance. As the book goes along, his best friend Jazz - will do some scientific experiments around memories and learn that Hunter is seeing the bad memories and those deep in the mind that are causing pain. In doing so though will this help Hunter unlock his memories and with Jazz by his side, will he be strong enough to relive the trauma he has tried to block or will it be another repeat that will cause more scars? Find out in this edgy YA high school read - Someone to Kiss my Scars by Brooke Skipstone. A word to readers, this book is dark and touches on some strong topics like incest, abuse, sex trafficking, paedophilia, rape, violence, purging, and death - so I would recommend an R16-R18 rating on this book.

Amazon: https://amzn.to/3yfZZiS









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid