Review: The Girls - Emma Cline









Review: The Girls - Emma Cline - June 2016

I had decided the last month and June try and clear my TBR bookshelf of my print books as I ended up counting and had over 300 books still unread. The Girls by Emma Cline was one which I had on my bookshelf since 2016. The Girls starts in the present with Evie Boyd staying at her friend Dan's house as she needed some time away and heads to his beach house. While there, she witnesses some young girls looking free as a bird and reminds her of her past when she was fourteen years old and met Suzanne. During her time at Dan's, his son Justin and his girlfriend Sasha end up crashing at the house and Justin mentions Evie being part of a cult who was involved in a murder that killed four people. Evie herself wasn't involved in that fateful night, but the rest of the cult including Suzanne and Russell were. The Girls by Emma Cline is a past/present novel as it flashes between the year 1969 and the present 2016.
This wasn't normally a book that I would read but, in some aspects, due to the cult murders, it reminded me slightly of a fictional version of The Manson Family murders. If you love cults and women's fiction and a hint of crime, then check out The Girls by Emma Cline.

Amazon: https://amzn.to/3qteVIU






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid