Review: Girls Love Travis Walker - Anne Pfeffer








Review: Girls Love Travis Walker - Anne Pfeffer- March 2013

I have decided that I need to be firm and try and clear my old books and not buy any new books and so I scrolled through and grabbed Girls Love Travis Walker by Anne Pfeffer. Going in blind, I wasn't sure what to expect but it was such a good read and I found myself enjoying it a lot more than I thought. The book starts with introducing us to Travis Walker who seems like a playboy but deep down he is experiencing a lot of issues from the fact his dad is in Jail, his mum is sick and he is trying to keep the house afloat by working multiple jobs which have resulted in him leaving school for now. During one of his rides home, he witnesses the heroic acts of some firefighters and this inspires him to want to become one of them and make a difference. During the book, we read as Travis's life becomes a series of messes and if he's not careful then everything will come crashing down. I know often, especially for men, that they are often too proud to admit they need help and Travis Walker was one of those guys as he will soon discover that if he lets people in, he has a bigger support system than he ever realized and he isn't alone in this world and doesn't need to shoulder everything - that there are people who can help carry the burden. This book because of the themes and when we saw Travis's true colours ended up being a five-star read for me as we saw Travis's true self and he was a nice guy. Girls Who Love Travis Walker by Anne Pfeffer ended up being a diamond in the sea of indie books.

Amazon:
https://amzn.to/3IVlOJE








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid