Review: The Final Girl Support Group - Grady Hendrix




File:The Final Girls Logo.png - Wikimedia Commons




Review: The Final Girl Support Group - Grady Hendrix- July 2021

In May, I decided to participate in a bookstagram challenge where we focused on clearing our bookshelves and getting rid of our print books. I didn't do too bad and managed to clear 10 books off my bookshelf in the 30 books I had read which I am quite pleased with as it made a tiny dent off the shelf and I managed to move some books from the boxes on my pile to the actual bookshelf and cleared it also of books I am never going to read. Books that were simply taking up too much space. This was one that I had been meaning to read as about a year ago I ended up going through a Grady Hendrix phase. In The Final Girl Support Group, we meet a group of six females who were all known as "final girls' for surviving their serial killers. All of them have also had movies made about their stories and had to live with the media immortalizing their pain and what they went through. They also have been all coming to a support group for final girls for the past twenty years and now the girls are women in their forties/fifties. Some have decided to move past their tragic backstory whereas others are still living in the past and always looking over their shoulder. In this book, we meet Lynette first who learns that someone is killing off the final girls and creating their own final girl story. Who is it though and can Lynette warn the others or will she be seen as crazy and still living in fear and this is just a manifestation of her paranoia? This book was a tad slow-paced, but I did enjoy it and what was a bonus was that at the start of each chapter to break up the story were journal entries, articles, and movie reviews all about "Final Girls" and their original stories.  I have a couple more of Grady Hendrix's to give a go - Horrorstor and My Best Friend's Exorcism which I am looking forward to giving a go. If you love horror movies and slasher films, then this book is for you.

Amazon: https://amzn.to/3PbXDKX






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid