Review: Wildflowers - Dorothy Koomson





Wuthering Heights (TV Mini Series 2009) - IMDb



Review: Wildflowers - Dorothy Koomson - August 2018


I didn't realize when I grabbed this book from the Libby App that it was a short story/novella from the collection book "I am Heathcliff", all I knew was that it was a story from Dorothy Koomson I hadn't read. She is one of my favorite UK authors whose books are chick lit/ romantic suspense Women's fiction tales. This book was a quick read and is a tale inspired by Wuthering Heights. In Wildflowers, the story starts with Zillah opening her door to a madwoman wielding a knife and wanting to kill Zillah. The woman is her lost love's mother, a family that Zillah has not had any contact with for ten years when she did what she thought was the right thing for the guy she loved. It turns out that her loved one's grandfather has finally passed and has left everything to Zillah and now her loved ones' parents are not only penniless but also homeless as Zillah owns everything. During the story, we go back ten years ago when Zillah met her love and then how they got to today. The other thing of course besides the karma that everyone got good and bad was the fact this was one of those true love soulmate second chance stories that always warm my heart. I am now looking forward to reading the full collection  I am Heathcliff edited by Kate Mosse.

Amazon: https://amzn.to/3J2lo4c







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid