Review: The Break - Daniel Hurst






The Break

Review: The Break - Daniel Hurst - March 2022

2022 for me has been mainly the year of the thrillers as I have been finding a lot of romance just blah and I can't seem to get into it. As I was scrolling through my kindle, The Break by Daniel Hurst jumped out at me. In The Break, we meet Karen whose relationship has been on the rocks since her husband Peter had an affair and Karen overwhelmed with her children is teetering on the edge. She wants things to go back to normal, but what is normal anymore? When Karen's new friend tells her about a cute Air BnB, she books it and has a nice night away just by herself until she misses her family and heads back home. The whole break though looks like it has been set up as Karen's new friend Eve isn't who she says she is and the Air BnB is the house of the woman who Peter had an affair with. We learn that the woman who Peter had an affair with was weak and committed suicide and now her best friend who we know as Eve wants revenge and so she starts her massive elaborate plan to take everything Peter loves which is his family starting with his wife Karen so he too will know the meaning of loss. This book reminded me a bit of the book The Escape Room by Megan Goldin when an act of revenge was plotted out against those that had hurt the main character's friend.  The Break by Daniel Hurst was a good UK brit lit fiction in which despite its slow-paced ness which the British are famous for, the book still kept my attention and I love the twists and turns and couldn't wait for the big reveal.


Amazon: https://amzn.to/3wTNtW1






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid