Review:The House Across the Lake - Riley Sager








The House Across the Lake

Review: The House Across the Lake - Riley Sager - June 2022

I had only read one of Riley's books before The House Across the Lake which was Survive the Night which was a mind-twisting gaslighting type thriller and I had enjoyed it. Lately, being on a thriller kick as romance books seem a bit blasé, I decided to give Riley Sager's new one a go. I was in two minds about this book as it has taken me roughly over three days to read as work had been busy, but also I felt a bit sluggish reading The House Across the Lake as part of me felt I wanted to stop but the other part wanted to continue and persevere. Normally, if I can't get into a book, I DNF but there was still a slight hope that made me want to continue with the book and I have to say I am glad I did as it took the strangest twist that I didn't see coming. Think Ghost Whisperer season 4 and you have The House Across the Lake. The book starts with Casey Green - an actress with a massive drinking problem living in her house, hiding from the paparazzi as her husband drowned at Lake Greene. We then have the Royce’s - Katherine and Tom in The House Across the Lake from her and then next-door neighbours Boone and Eli. The Lake is a dangerous place and there have been several drownings and local girls have gone missing which ties into this crazy rollercoaster ride. At points as I said I wanted to give up, but overall, I am glad I didn't as otherwise I wouldn't have been able to be blown away by the crazy last chapters of this book which in the end made up for me having to slog my way through. I am now looking forward to checking out the other titles that Riley Sager has published and keeping an eye out for what he brings next to the bookish world.

Amazon: https://amzn.to/3uIUIi2






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid