Review: Just As I Am - Virginia Smith

Review: Just As I Am - Book#1 Just As I Am - Virginia Smith - February 2006
This Christian fiction novel is for all those out there that have ever wondered that just because they want to become a Christian - do they have to change their appearances on the outside . Before New Adult became a popular genre in the past few years, there was just teens and adult books and Just As I Am was considered an adult novel but it is in fact aimed at the mid -late 20's and possibly early 30's age group as we meet Mayla who I would put as late 20's . She has purple hair and facial piercings and works in a bar at night as her second job. Her mother has been talking her ear off about becoming a Christian and during her reluctance to attend one of her mum's local church services, Mayla finds herself drawn in and like God is speaking to her and one thing leads to another and she finds herself getting baptised in a robe and her hot pink panties which her mum calls her hooker panties. Join Mayla as she will navigate the next few months through her beginning Christian walk and showing others that even though she has become a Christian, its just a part of her - she is still the same Mayla , just a better version inside. We read Mayla's journey as she meets new friends, goes through heartache and pain , have friends turn their back on her and cause trouble and even lead some of the most unsuspecting people to Christ without even trying.
If you have enjoyed Melody Carlson's books, then you will find yourself right at home with Virginia Smith's series "Just As I Am" .


Comments
Post a Comment