Review: Fallen Crest High - Book #1 - Tijan



Fallen Crest High (Fallen Crest High, #1)

Review: Fallen Crest High - Book #1 Fallen Crest Series - Tijan - October 2012

You know how friends often recommend you books to read, and you end up adding the whole series to your devices and then it takes you forever to get around and actually read it, for me Fallen Crest is one of those series as I have read a few of Tijan's later books but for some reason I have been on the fence, too scared to enter the Fallen Crest world. I had a little idea what this series was about, but not enough to know exactly what I was in for. In this series, we meet public school girl Sam whose life is about to be like the car on this front cover and blow up around her. She is about to learn her boyfriend has been cheating on her with her so-called friend and her other friend knew about it this whole time to her parents getting a divorce and she is moving with her mum to her new stepdad to be a house. This has Sam going from the world of trailers and scrapping by to living it up in a Mansion. The other thing Sam wasn't quite ready for is that she now has two stepbrothers Logan and Mason Kade. The Kade brothers are a legend as all the guys either hate them or want to be them and the girls want to be with them. Sam, on the other hand, loves her privacy and wants her life to go back to normal. I have to admit I hated Sam's newfound friend Becky and wanted to strangle her or at least get her to shut up; she was such an attention seeker. I also loved the whole parenting scenes, and it was like a game of who knows who and two degrees of separation. I have to admit I also loved the way that the Kade brothers stepped up and supported Sam in their way too.  If you want a series filled with Angst and at points, some of the characters will enrage you, then Fallen Crest High is the series for you. Also, you will have a better reading experience, if you know someone who has already read it so that you can text or message them at argh moments throughout the book as I did to my friend. I am now looking forward to continuing the Fallen Crest journey and reading the rest of the series.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid