Review: The Perfect Guests - Emma Rous









Review: The Perfect Guests - Emma Rous - January 2021

Back in May, I decided to join an Instagram group where we aim to try and clear our bookshelves as most of us these days read on e-readers and our print books go unread and sit there for years. Well, that's what happened to me in the past couple of years as I left my job at the library and ended up becoming a 100% e-reader. For the past couple of months, I have tried to change that and started reading some books off my shelf. Some have been DNFs and some I have managed to finish and enjoy, like Emma Rous's book The Perfect Guests which I picked up at a secondhand book sale and in stunning condition. The Perfect Guests starts in 1988 when a young orphan girl Beth moves in with Lenora and Markus to become friends and companions with their daughter Nina who is around the same age. Beth likes this arrangement as it gets her out of the group home, things though take a strange turn when Nina ends up ill and Lenora and Markus ask Beth to dress up and pretend to be Nina when Markus's dad turns up. She ends up doing this three times and then gets her weird suspicions that Nina's mum is poisoning her daughter. During a fight, Beth runs away and the book then jumps thirty years later. We meet Sadie who is Beth's daughter, she has been invited to work as a murder mystery actress at Raven Hall. Sadie has no clue what this place means to her mother as her mum refuses to talk about her past. But what happens when strange things happen soon not only does history repeat itself with the next generation but the past secrets will come to light. The Perfect Guests by Emma Rous is a good thriller and shows the extremes people will go to keep what they believe is and should forever be theirs. After finishing The Perfect Guests, I am now looking forward to reading Emma's book "The Au Pair" which I also have sitting on my bookshelf brought from another secondhand book sale.

Amazon: https://amzn.to/44rmP4o



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid