Review: On Her Father's Grave - Kendra Elliot







Review : On Her Father's Grave - Book #1 Rogue River Novella Series - Kendra Elliot - October 2014

People who know me well and those who often read my reviews will know that I have this weird tendency to read series out of order. It is never intentional, it just seems to happen more often than not. This particular series is one that I have read out of order over the years. I have finally finished it and funnily enough with Book #1. It's a good thing that I do remember what I read as I started this book and was instantly transported to the town of Solitude, Oregon, and remembered the other books I have read in this series. So in a way, this was like reading a prequel to the series Rogue River. Stevie has just arrived in town after living it up in the big city and returned to the police force that her father had previously been the chief before he died. Carly is currently in the process of getting a divorce from Seth which we know in later books, she finally goes back to him as they work things out, James is the Mayor and Bruce is starting his music business and band. Their mother Pat is suspicious of how her husband Bill died and knows things aren't adding up and as we know from later books - she will be right and then Roy - the girl's Godfather has just up and quit. It was sad when we learned he was part of the "bad news crew". In Book #1 a couple of young guys are dropping dead and it looks like a heart attack but there is something not quite right on their tox screens. Is there a new drug on the market and finding its way into the teen's pockets? As I had read the other books, I knew the answer to this, and when the O'Rourke's popped up and their fancy resort - I was screaming "It's a cover-up for their drug operations" LOL.  If you love mysteries and want a quick read and something to scratch that reading itch - then The Rogue River Novella Series is the book for you.


Amazon: https://amzn.to/44szZyl






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid