Review: Lies I Told - Michelle Zink



 
 



Review: Lies I Told - Book #1 Lies I Told Series - Michelle Zink - April 2015

During the last three months, I have been trying to clear my bookshelf of my print books as it was starting to pile up. Lies I Told by Michelle Zink was a book that I got given in a book exchange earlier this year from @novelnotes over on Instagram. In this book, we meet Grace Fontaine and her adopted brother Parker. They were both brought up in the foster system and now live as a family unit. Their family though is not like others, but it is the best one that either of them has had. The Fontaines are a family of con artists and grifters, they move from town to town with a new job and a new mark. This latest job though has left Grace feeling a bit uneasy and is about to be the downfall of the Fontaine family unit. The family has settled in Playa Hermosa with a new target - a family that has 20 million dollars in gold bars. What happens though when cracks start to show in the family from Parker's reluctance to join in the group and the new con? He tells Grace that he wants her to walk away with him, but Grace is torn between her love for her adopted parents and her love for Parker and a life to be normal. As the book goes along, we read as the family pulls off the con but it will end in consequences that no one expected. If you are wanting a fun YA heist/con thriller, then Lies I Told by Michelle Zink is the read for you. Another fun fact I found out about this book, was that it was originally written and optioned as a TV series for ABC called Grift. As reading it, I could see it working as a TV show and it reminded me a little of the TV show Reef Break meets The Mentalist.


Amazon: https://amzn.to/43JVtpu









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid