Review: After That Night - Karin Slaughter





 
 
May be an image of 1 person and text that says 'No. bestselling autho of THE SILENT WIFE KARIN SLAUGHTER AFTER THAT NIGHT Nothing was ever the same again 'Crime fiction finest' MICHAEL CONNELLY OUT NOW 'One of the best crime novelistsi America' Washington Post'

Review: After That Night - Book #11 Will Trent Series - Karin Slaughter - July 2023

I have to admit that when it comes to Karin Slaughter's titles in the past I have been on the fence about reading her books, as years ago I tried a couple and I just couldn't get into them. However, after reading "After That Night" my mind has been changed as this book was great and kept my attention from the first page. It has also made me when I visited the local secondhand bookshop yesterday pick up a couple of Karin Slaughter's titles and I do know I have a few on my Kindle to read too. The other thing I did enjoy was the fact that I didn't have to read the previous books to get to know the main characters as you could pick up this one and slot right in with the Will Trent and Dr. Sara Linton storyline. The book starts with "three years ago" when Dr. Sara Linton is working in the ER and a young girl named Dani comes in- she has been raped and left to die. Sadly efforts fail and she ends up dead. Before she died, Dani made her promise to stop him. The "him" ends up being Tommy McAllister - son of Mac and Britt. Sara has a history with his parents as she went through medical school with them both and Mac was her medical rival. Sara hung around the same crowd. Fast forward three years and Sara is testifying in the court case and she is also now engaged to Detective Will Trent. After court, Sara runs into Britt in the bathroom and she tells Sara that her rape was connected to this one. This unravels and starts Sara along with Will and Faith on an investigation of their own as they learn that there have been multiple rapes and that indeed Sara's was connected. Can the team learn the truth and stop others from being targeted and hurt? Find out in After That Night by Karin Slaughter, an edgy thriller that has now inspired me to check out Karin Slaughter's backlist of titles.  Thanks, @HarperCollinsNZ for providing me with a copy of this book to read and review.


Amazon
: https://amzn.to/43CyMDl








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid