Review: If Only You - Chloe Liese









Review: If Only You - Book #6 Bergman Brother/Sisters Novel - Chloe Liese - April 2023

If there is one author who I always find represents the disability sector in such an amazing light, it is Chloe Liese. This author does an amazing job as she often writes one of her characters with a disability or illness and you just can't help but fall for that character and feel what they are going through. As someone who grew up in a family where Autism is a genetic trait as my mum had it, my grandad had it and now my two siblings have it as well as my two nephews. I have never been diagnosed but growing up with it being quite a strong link, I definitely can say that I have a few minor traits of being one of the neurodivergent. I have found it awkward to make friends and connect with people which is why I have lots of acquaintances but very few close friends. I also can't handle loud noises and I am not a driver myself as I feel overwhelmed and get very anxious with everything happening. Back to this book, in If Only You we meet Ziggy- the youngest sibling of the Bergman Clan. She is also a professional soccer player and sportswoman, just like the rest of her family - sports are prominent. She is sick though of being treated like she is fragile and can't handle the adult world. Enter Sebastian aka Seb, he is a hockey player and on the same team as Ziggy's brother Ryland and Seb is also Ryland's best friend. Seb has a bad reputation and the rest of the world views that he is beyond saving, that is except the Bergman clan. Ziggy proposes a plan to Seb - He will help her show the world she is an adult and put herself out there and in turn, she will help him repair his public view and in doing show she will show him that nobody is beyond saving. Like Chloe's previous books, If Only You is not on a sweet romance but it also has its LOL moments and will send readers on a rollercoaster ride of emotions with its ups and downs.  If you love what I call Geek Chic Lit and disability representation with the bonus of a family saga and a book where you can feel the character's genuineness bursting from the pages. Then If Only You by Chloe Liese is the book for you and even better, though this is part of a series - you can read it as a standalone and go back and check out the rest of the series.  I am now excited to go back and read her other books that I have missed.

Amazon: https://amzn.to/3NVUUEj




 










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid