Review: Retribution - Sherrilyn Kenyon



I've never actually read any of Sherrilyn Kenyon's Dark Hunter Books as they never had in the past grabbed my attention and I have No Mercy sitting on my shelf yet to read but when Retribution came through at work , I fell in love with the cover - the one on the left and thought I might as well give it a go.

Retribution (Dark-Hunter)
Review: Retribution - Dark Hunter Series Book #20 - Sherrilyn Kenyon- August 2011
As I said above,  for some reason Sherrilyn Kenyon's Dark Hunter series has never really appealed to me but I fell in love with the cover of Retribution so decided to give it a go and I'm mighty glad I did as it was amazing and one of the best books Ive read in a while and as I enjoyed it so much, I might as well check out her previous Dark Hunter novels at the library. In Retribution , we meet Dark Hunter Jess "Sundown" Brady who back in the days of Outlaws in the Wild Wild West, he was one of the baddies until he fell in love and met his soon to be wife Matilda. Unfortunately, fate was going to deal him a bad hand as his friend Bart turned on him and shot him on his wedding day. Instead of dying , Brady sold his soul to Artemis to join her crew as a Dark Hunter to help rid the earth of the evil Apollites and Daimons that her twin brother Apollo had created. Fast forward to 138 years later - Brady is living the life of killing Daimons until he hears news that their is a human living among the daimons and killing the Dark Hunters. He soon meets up with the killer who turns out to be Abigail , daughter of Laura who was the daughter of Matilda and Bart. Abigail believes and blames Brady for the death of her parents and seeks to rid the world of Dark Hunters but when she is caught and Brady seeks to save her , her whole world view is turned upside down as everything she was brought up to believe was a BIG FAT LIE. It seems though that they have bigger problems to fear as Abigail was injected with Demon blood and is transforming. Can Brady save Abigail and which side will she choose and pledge her loyalty with - The Dark Hunters or the Apollites and Daimons ?





Comments

  1. I've just finished this book, and being a SK fan I can say it is a bit different to the other DH books. I still loved it, and I love the way that all the characters re-appear in each other's stories. Bring on the next one!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid