Review: Whispers and Roars - K. Webster




Mental health literacy - Wikipedia

Whispers and the Roars

Review: Whispers and the Roars - K. Webster - December 2016

As people who know me will remember that I am an avid book buyer and have books that have been on my to-read list for years and Whispers and Roars by K Webster was one of those books.  This one I also went in blind and at first was confused but then as I got reading, it blew me away as I was presented with an edgy read about mental illnesses and different alters. This book is told from two perspectives we have Kady - our main female character and Yeo - the main male character. Yeo fell in love with Kady when they were children and then like everything else, Kady thought she didn't deserve him and so she pushed him away. However, this didn't deter Yeo as he has always loved Kady for exactly who she is. I was a little confused at first especially when it came to Bones and then the OMG factor when we learned that Yeo was also sleeping with Bones - I was like is he bisexual? Then all is revealed in the last half of the book and without spoiling, it will blow your mind as you are like WOAH horsie, and ah, that makes so much sense now in parts and then other parts you are wrapping your head around as you wonder how the outside world would have viewed Kady and no wonder they thought she was crazy. In the last few years, I have found K Webster moving more towards MM stories whereas since this was published originally in 2016 - I felt like I was reading an OG K. Webster as this was the story and writing edge that I fell in love with when it came to her books.  If you love dark romance, edginess, and mental illnesses and don't mind triggers of various abuse, then you will enjoy the powerful read that is Whispers and Roars.

Amazon: https://amzn.to/3A5SM2C















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid