Review: Better, Bolder, Different - Ethically Kate





63010763. sx318


Review: Better, Bolder, Different - Ethically Kate - August 2022


When I was in my early adult life from 18 to about mid-'20s, I went through a stage of reading self-help books, motivational stories, and inspirational non-fiction. Then I stopped and went towards fiction, but coming into my mid 30's now - I have gone back to reading a mixture of fiction and non-fiction especially those that align with my own values and are motivational, but down to earth and not in a judgemental - you have to do this or else attitude. The other thing that is different in my life is my views of certain subjects are changing strongly as my new job is being the EA for House of Science which is a science charity and so I am now in the midst each day of reading scientific articles, writing science experiments and reading about sustainable living and climate change and global issues. It has opened my eyes and given me a new outlook on life. A few months ago, I would have never dreamed of eating an insect, and then about a month ago we were running a stand at StemFest in Tauranga and I ended up eating at least a handful of edible crickets and surprisingly they were nice to eat and didn't taste horrible. Ethically Kate's book is about half-memoir as it touches on her own life and experiences and tips that she has and does to live a sustainable life for her and her husband Tim. The other half is tips and tricks on several topics to help you live for yourself a sustainable life in all aspects. Especially since most people think sustainable living is living minimalistic and buying healthy and saving the planet. It is mostly this, but there are other things like looking after your mental health e.g sleeping and my favourite are you being stuffocated? Better, Bolder, Different has something for everyone and is a great reference book to have and reflect on as you can use Ethically Kate's ideas as a basis for creating your own sustainable living plan as not every identical plan will work for the same person, there may be some adjusting needed in areas.  The other thing I love which could be slightly biased is that this book is written by a New Zealander - Go NZ.
Don’t forget to check out Kate’s website at www.ethicallykate.com

Amazon: https://amzn.to/3zIvMcm













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid