Review: Girls Can - Deb Preston






Maxy Awards


62208240. sx318

Review: Girls Can - Deb Preston - February 2023

You know that saying anything you can do, I can do better and girls can do what boys can. This rings true in Girls Can by Deb Preston. I loved this book as it shows that girls can enjoy things like princesses, and unicorns but also at the same time they might prefer playing a sport, getting dirty, and playing with trucks. This fun picture book is perfect for girls of all ages from 4 -9 years old. It is so good, that it also has won an award called the Maxy Award which is given to books and awarded to those who show excellence in both indie and self-published authors. This book has a strong emphasis on also building up your daughter's / nieces or even granddaughter's confidence and self-esteem and letting her know that she can become anything that she puts her mind to. I love books these days that show girls as I didn't have anything really like this when I was younger. The closest I had was the Babysitters Club which was a group of teenagers that babysat and Sweet Valley High where I liked the character of Elizabeth and Lois and Clark where I liked Lois which has followed me into my career choices of working with children as a babysitter then a teacher’s aide to a children and teens librarian and both Elizabeth and Lois were journalists and I have grown to love writing because as a child, I wanted to be journalists and writers just like them. Now for children, the world is their oyster as girls can be astronauts, sports heroes, electricians, etc - careers that were once only viewed as for men.  Girls Can by Deb Preston is one book I will be passing on to one of my nieces at Christmas time.

Amazon
: https://amzn.to/3i45JGI







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid