Review: I Choose Darkness - Jenny Lawson







I Choose Darkness

Review: I Choose Darkness - Jenny Lawson - September 2022

Currently, I have been doing the Kindle challenge and getting my ribbons and one of the recent mystery challenges was "Great Reads", so I scrolled through the list of what Amazon considered a great read and came across one that jumped out and screamed, "read me". It looked fun and something that I would enjoy. A blogger that I have followed for a few years is Jenny Lawson aka The Bloggess - Like Mother Theresa, but better is her tagline over on her site https://thebloggess.com/. She is funny and reminds me of other comedian-type writers I love like Jen Lancaster, Kaz Cooke, Samantha Bee, Laurie Notaro, and Chelsea Handler. If you ever want memoirs but funny ones that leave you LOL'ing then these are females you need to add to your reading lists. I know there has been a lot lately about strong female role models, but to me, these women kick arse as they make you view life through a lens that everyone can relate to and laugh and cry about at the same time.  I Choose Darkness by Jenny Lawson is a quick read and is an essay on her favorite holiday which you can guess from the title is "Halloween". I loved reading about this as growing up in New Zealand, Halloween isn't something celebrated here but I have grown up watching it on the TV and seeing friends in the US pictures of costumes, trick and treating, and fall festivals. If you want a fun quick non-fiction read, then check out I Choose Darkness by Jenny Lawson today who knows it might lead you to discover her other awesome books, and don't forget to check out her blog.


Amazon: https://amzn.to/3TQ6O20







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid