Review: When I Wasn't Watching - Michelle Kelly








Review: When I Wasn't Watching - Michelle Kelly - August 2014


As a reader, I find that you often go through phases especially if you are as wide-read as I am a few years ago I loved MC novels, bullymances, and romantic comedies. These days I struggle with a lot of books and I think it was a result of reading the same thing over and over again- might not have been reading the same book but it was the same theme and a similar plot/storyline. The other thing I have found is these days compared to when I first started my blog, I am way pickier in what I read as life is too short to waste time on boring books or books I can't get into. This is where mysteries come in, as I find when I am stuck and don't know what to read. I love a good mystery to sink my teeth into and a theme I do enjoy is missing children stories. When I Wasn't Watching first starts with Lucy Wyatt receiving a phone call that will set a chain of events to occur. Eight years ago, her toddler Jack was murdered by Terry Prince. Now Eight years later, Prince is being released and given a new identity. She is beyond furious as to how can the guy who killed her baby be allowed out of prison. As a result, Lucy finds herself once again the target of newspaper articles and reporters. Lucy's oldest son Ricky isn't coping and finds himself getting in trouble which reunites his mum with the detective that was the primary on Jack's case. Mark and Lucy have sparks, but is it just because of the tragedy that united them, or is there something more? What happens though when a new child around the same age and similar to Jack goes missing in the small town? Will this case end up just like Jack's or achieve a better result? Has Prince struck again or is it a less sinister person this time?  Find out all this and more in this UK thriller "When I Wasn't Watching"by Michelle Kelly.



Amazon: https://amzn.to/3FX4ALb


        




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid