Review: My Best Friend's Murder - Polly Phillips









Review: My Best Friend's Murder - Polly Phillips - January 2021

I was in the mood for a mystery and also a little biased with this author's name as my name is Paula Phillips and as a nickname my dad used to call me when I was little Paulie which sounds like Polly. This book though written by an Aussie author is set in the UK as it used words like commons and pub/ bistros. The book starts with Becs - one of my main female characters finding her best friend Izzy's body at the bottom of the stairs. She leaves as she knows if she sticks around, she would be considered a prime suspect as hours earlier they argued. The book then jumps back to about a month earlier and we can already see cracks slowly forming in the friendship I felt sorry for Becs as she saw Izzy as her best friend since they were teenagers. As the book goes along, I came to hate Izzy as despite being "the amazing one" she is a jealous cow and manipulative and just a downright bully to Becs. It's like Becs has had rose coloured glasses on when it comes to Izzy. That is until now as Izzy is starting to show her true colours and Bec is noticing little digs at her. The thing though is that it's not just Becs who is over Izzy's rubbish, there are a few more people out there who would love to see Izzy knocked down a few pegs or in this case chucked down a flight of stairs. Becs knows she didn't kill Izzy, so which one of her friends/family members is the killer? Find out in My Best Friend's Murder - a great thriller by Polly Phillips today.


Amazon: https://amzn.to/3VgGxvA



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid