Review: Things I've Never Told - Beth K Voght

Image result for sisters

Things I Never Told You (Thatcher Sisters #1)

Review: Things I Never Told You - Beth K. Vogt - Book #1 Thatcher Sisters - May 2018
The Thatcher Sisters series is like a modern Christian version of Little Women.  It has been ten years since the death of Payton's twin sister and now one of her other sisters Jillian is getting married. Ever since Payton's twin sister Pepper died , she started to move away from the family and retreat in herself as she blamed herself for her sister's death and then of course her family sent her away in the worst time - the time when she needed the family the most. As years passed, the distance grew. Now Jillian needs her family more than anything as she has discovered that she has cancer. This book will go through the motions of family and the siblings during their crises moments, through their ups and their downs. I have to say my eyes welled up when Payton decided to confront her family with the secrets and truths that she had been holding on for the past ten years. If you have sisters , then this book does bring up a few emotions as you will look back at your own life as for me - I am not too close with my sister but I know if something like this would happen -we would be there for one another.
Things I Never Told You is definitely a family saga type story and I did like how at the end of the book , it did hold some readers questions to reflect on the story.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid