Review: Blogger Girl - Meredith Schorr



 

Review: Blogger Girl - Meredith Schorr - August 2013

Have you ever read a book and thought OMG that is so me , which has made you enjoy it a lot more ? For me, that was Blogger Girl. I loved this book so much as the main character Kim Long reminded me of me.  Kim is a legal secretary by day and by night she is a Chick lit book blogger/reviewer as she owns the site "Pastel is the New Black" -I really liked that name". The story starts with Kim falling head over heels with Nicholas -one of the lawyers at the firm she works at . In between trying to catch his attention and affection, she plods from day to day - reading the latest Chick lit books and currently the hottest news on her wavelength is that Hannah - her high school arch-nemesis has released a new Chick lit novel and the worst thing for Kim is that she has received an email from the publicist of the book to review it on her site. This part made me think about whether or not you have ever felt jealously towards someone who has written a book or if you have ever written a review in bias due to the way the author reacted or was to you. I never have, but I have seen quite a few nasty reviews written and based on the author's behaviour and not in fact the content of their book. The other thing that I could strongly relate to here, was the fact Kim did not consider herself able to write a book - she loved writing and her book reviews , but as she strongly proclaimed - writing book reviews and reading books is totally different than writing and publishing your own book.  I think as a fellow book reviewer blogger and the fact that I do write reviews for a Chicklit site as well called Chicklit Club - www.chicklitclub.com . This book was totally awesome as I could fully relate to the story and the character of Kimberly Long. So if you are a book reviewer/blogger and run your own Chick lit blog - then this is definitely one book you should read and review if you haven't.




 

Comments

  1. Thank you so much for your review of Blogger Girl! I'm so happy you enjoyed it :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid