Review: The First Lady - James Patterson and Brendan Dubois



The First Lady


Review: The First Lady - James Patterson and Brendan Dubois - Deccember 2018

I have to admit. First I wasn't sure whether I would enjoy this book as I found The President is Missing hard to get into and it ended up being a DNF for me. The First Lady, on the other hand, I did enjoy as I loved the character of Grace Tucker - the first lady. She was strong, stood by her moral code and ethics. She was her person and had a strong sense of what was right and wrong. The President, on the other hand, I found him such a weak man in this book and quite pathetic. Just because he is the President doesn't mean he can't have a brain of his own as he sacrificed for himself not only his wife but also his mistress. The First Lady starts with Grace learning that her husband has been cheating on her and to escape she goes to a spot she can be herself. During this time, she manages to duck away from her security and go off the grid. All clues are pointing to her apparent suicide, but Agent Sally Grissom has other ideas up her sleeve. As she races to save Grace, she must also keep herself and family safe as Parker - the President's right-hand man is willing to kill and do anything to ensure that the President stay in power and his numbers remain.  The First Lady was Brendan's first book with James Patterson, and I look forward to reading more as he seems to have the ability to write strong female characters which were nice to read for a change.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid