Top Ten Tuesday : Favourite Tropes


Image result for book tropes


This would have to be one of my most favourite Top Ten Tuesday Themes : Your Favourite Tropes in Books.




1. Royalty Fiction - Books where the commoner female falls in love with a Prince.



2. Teacher/Professor and Student Romances.

 

3. Older Man / Younger Woman Fiction - one of my guilty pleasure reads is Flora Ferrari's Older Man/Younger Woman series. 

 

4. High School Reunions - I love Reunion Books.



5. Reality TV - I love books that have a reality TV show aspect whether it be similar to The Bachelor or Survivor.


6. Spies/ Heist/ Thieves - I love books about Spies and Criminals pulling Heists - especially the YA Books.


7. High School /College Setting - I love books set in Colleges or High Schools/ Boarding Schools.



8. Edgy Topics - Currently a favourite trend of mine is the Bullymances , but I love any books that touch on those edgy issues like Bullying, Suicide, Mental Illness, School Shootings etc.

Image result for reverse harem 

9. Reverse Harem Books - I love my RH books , however with this I prefer reading YA to NA Reverse Harem as they aren't as sex-driven and focus on the friendship and relationship building of the Reverse Harem.



Image result for fairytale retellings

10. Retellings/Renditions - I absolutely love reading retellings and renditions of Fairytales and Classic novels. 




Comments

  1. I can't think of too many books that include high school reunions. I didn't realize that was such a popular trope!

    Here is our Top Ten Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know there were books about/similar to reality TV. Interesting!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love books that have Royalty.

    A great book that has a The Bachelor like tv show is Hitched by GK DeRosa. I love this books. Review on my blog.

    My TTT https://thereadingrebel.wordpress.com/2019/08/20/top-ten-tuesday-favorite-tropes/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reverse Harem! One of my friends loves that genre and she's slowly converting me lol. Great list :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't like watching reality tv but I do like reading about it, lol! My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't really watch reality TV much, but I have found that I love romances that have that as part of them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, I'm going to be on the lookout for those guilty pleasure books you mentioned. LOL! Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Spies, heists, and thieves are the best!

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete
  9. YES! So many tropes that I adore. I'm so keen on royalty fiction and also have a soft spot for high school reunion based tropes. I blame Romy and Michele's High School Reunion for that one.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid