Review : Hate - Tate James (Book #1)







Review: Hate - Book #1 Madison Kate Danvers Series - Tate James - May 2020

This is an author that has been on my list to read for years and also I felt a bit of kinship as though Australians probably claim her now as one of their own, this author was born in New Zealand - so being a fellow Kiwi, I am claiming her in this review as a New Zealand Author. This series, I had recently seen quite a bit making its rounds on Instagram, especially since Bloom Books released new covers. I had Book #1 sitting on my bookshelf at home which I had received as a gift on Bookstagram and figured why not give it a read. It was a little different than I had initially expected as with the first line of Madison Kate is dead, I thought she would come back under a new identity. That's not how it played out though as on the night Madison was supposedly dead, she was blamed for a series of crimes she didn't commit and because her Dad is an evil bastard who only cares about himself and his image, he let his daughter become the scapegoat and take the fall. She ends up losing her entrance to Ivy League and her one chance of escaping her life under the Danvers's name. Her father sends her overseas with her Aunt and now her Aunt has passed and Madison is arriving back home, a year later. The thing though Madison's father has a new girlfriend and her son and his friends are living with them in the Danver Mansion. Madison is in for a shock as it's the three guys who she blames for ruining her life that Halloween Night. However, it's not how they see it. Madison begins a game of revenge, but as the book goes along - the relationship turns into a love/hate scenario with not just one of the guys but all three - enter Reverse Harem Vibes. I also liked how Madison learned more about what happened to her mum and the way this book ended had me feeling that her Dad was to blame and not Zane D'Ath - the guy she believes murdered her mum and locked her in the closet.  Hate had it all with Revenge, Reverse Harem, and Romantic Suspense with a random stalker angle.  I found this book to be very similar to Meli Raine's Series Harmless, Shameless, and False with a mix of Lisa Renee Jones series's The Secret Life of Amy Bensen. I am now excited to read Book #2 Liar and continue in this series. At the moment in terms of guys - I am a Team Steele, followed closely by Team Kodiak and on the fence of Team Archer (he needs to redeem himself).

Amazon: https://amzn.to/3R0b8Nz








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid