Review: Throne of Glass - Sarah J. Maas ( Book #1)









Review: Throne of Glass - Book #1 Throne of Glass Series - Sarah J. Maas - August 2012

2024, is the year I plan to conquer Sarah J. Maas and all her books. Throne of Glass is Book #4 in her reading order as the first three books were the first three titles in her ACOTAR series. For me this particular book, I tried to read back in September 2013 and I could not get into it and at the time rated it 2 stars which was a DNF. Fast forward 14 years and it gets a borderline 4Ps for me as I think due to being invested this time around in her books, I felt more determined to read it and enjoy it as nobody wants to sit there and read a book that they are finding boring and hating. For me, the hardest thing I felt was the fact that I had to work extra hard in separating my universes and characters as I was so used to Feyre, Rhysand, and Tamlin - the world of Fae. In some way, I missed seeing them and felt a bit of sadness as they weren't existing in this book. I did get used to it though as we meet Celaena and the Prince. Celaena was a child assassin who then was thrown under the bus and into the world of slavery, now she is facing the choice of freedom by participating in a competition with 12 other slaves, etc to become the King's Guard and Protector. Throne of Glass gave me Hunger Games vibes and I am now looking forward to checking out the rest of the series and continuing on my Sarah J. Maas journey as the next book is Crown of Midnight.

Amazon: https://amzn.to/3VgBnlL



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid