Review: Fix Me - E.L George


Fix Me

Review: Fix Me - E. L George - October 2018



My arm is finally feeling sort of better enough that I can push through the pain to write the reviews or at least some of them - I may pay for it tomorrow as pushed my arm on Monday and has taken just over a day to lessen the pain. Writing reviews on a book that I read almost a month ago is putting my memory skills to the test, it's a good thing that I have a strong memory when it comes to books.

Fix Me is written by one of my favorite authors E.L George and touches on a subject that is close to my heart and reading this book brought up a few memories.  We learned about a social worker who meets a family whose children are dying from fabricated situations, and it turns out that the parent and grandparents have Munchenhausen Syndrome. This book is told from the perspective of the social worker as well as a young girl Josephine. Nobody except Josephine's mother and vice versa can fix one another but will it be too late to save this family?  This book spurred a lot of emotions as I could see in a way that if my nephews had not been put in care, then there would have been a 50/50 chance that this could have happened to them - not intentionally as she would have seen that she was caring and loved them just too much and needed the attention of others as for the mother - that's what makes them feel important and proves they are doing a great job as they on the outside look loving, caring and nurturing. 

If you are on the lookout for an edgy read that will tug at your heartstrings, then Fix Me by E.L George is the read for you.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid