Love in Due Time by L.B. Dunbar Book Spotlight

GVL01-BANNER-BT-SBPR

Love in Due Time, an all-new second chance romantic comedy from L.B. Dunbar is available now!

20190718_GVL01_Love in Due Time_Dunbar_KDP_FINAL
Naomi Winters will be forty—soon-ish—and she’s only been with one man. One night. One time. Long ago. She believes everything happens for a reason, and the universe spoke about Nathan Ryder.
Nathan Ryder isn’t the same man who hightailed his bike out of Green Valley eighteen years ago. As a rule breaker, women are one area he acts a fool. Case in point…the local librarian. He can’t get a read on her, but she’s one risk he’s willing to take. Again.
What do an eccentric librarian and a sexy silver biker have in common? More than you think.
The due date on their love might not be expired after all.
'Love in Due Time' is a full-length, contemporary romantic comedy, can be read as a standalone, and is book#1 in the Green Valley Library series.
Copy of GVL01-LIVE
Download your copy today!
Google Play: http://bit.ly/2m2Wytn
Amazon Print: https://amzn.to/2ku1o2d
Add to GoodReads: http://bit.ly/2kwPLr8

Excerpt
“Naomi?” My hands cover her shoulders, holding her steady. “This is all my fault.” Her eyes widen, the widest I’ve ever seen. Panic fills them. “What do you mean?” “I … I can’t believe this happened again.” Her hands come to my chest, and she gently pushes at me. “You have to get out of here.” “What?” My brows pinch at the harsh tone. “You need to go. I can’t be near you.” Her voice struggles to stay level. Ouch. That stings a little. “Why?” I take one step back under the force of her hands. “I can’t be around you. This can’t happen.” “Lady, what are you talking about?” My voice roughens. “Bad things always happen after I’m with you.” I stiffen, straightening to my full height. My arms cross and I glare down at her. Saying such a thing is just downright mean. Her head shakes as her fingers curl along the open edges of my work jacket. Suddenly, I feel like she’s tugging me to her instead of pressing me away. What the … “When I’m with you, something happens. Something bad.” Her breath catches. “Because we kissed, the library is closing.” I stare at her. She can’t be serious, but I see the hysteria in her eyes, like a rabid, trapped animal. She actually believes what she says. “Well, we didn’t kiss,” I remind her, my tone stern and condescending. “I kissed you, remember? And you didn’t kiss me back, so I don’t think it counts.” She glares up at me, her fingers still gripping my open jacket. Her shoulders fall, her head lowers, and it’s as if I can visibly see her relax, like water cascading down a building, washing over her. Exhale. Settle. Exhale. Calm. “I didn’t kiss you back?” she questions and then her head pops up again. She nearly shrieks with the hesitant realization. Commence inhaling, like she’s winding up again. Full steam ahead. “I didn’t kiss you back,” she repeats, her excitement growing. Another exaggerated inhale. “I didn’t kiss you back!” Now, she’s just downright gloating, and the engine’s ready to blow. “You don’t have to sound so pleased,” I murmur. I glance up and notice Mrs. MacIntyre watching us through the window of the librarian’s office behind the check-out counter. Her eyes narrow and I’m certain we’re making too much noise for her liking. “I … I’m so relieved,” Naomi admits, her head falling forward, her fingers loosening on my jacket. Then her face turns up again. Her lids lift, slow and lazy. Her mouth curls in sweet relief, and she pulls herself up on her toes by the open edge of my jacket and does the damnedest thing. She kisses me.
About L.B. Dunbar
L.B. Dunbar loves the sweeter things in life: cookies, Coca-Cola, and romance. Her reading journey began with a deep love of fairy tales, medieval knights, Regency debauchery, and alpha males. She loves a deep belly laugh and a strong hug. Occasionally, she has the energy of a Jack Russell terrier. Accused—yes, that’s the correct word—of having an overactive imagination, to her benefit, such an imagination works well. Author of over two dozen novels, she’s created sweet, small town worlds; rock star mayhem; MMA chaos; sexy rom-coms for the over 40; and intrigue on an island of redemption. In addition, she is earning a title as the “myth and legend lady” for her modernizations of mythology as elda lore. Her other duties in life include mother to four children and wife to the one and only.

Connect with L.B. Dunbar

Connect with Smartypants Romance

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid