Review: Prodigy - Marie Lu


 
 
Did you read Legend by Marie Lu ? Did you enjoy it as much as I did - Check out my review at http://thephantomparagrapher.blogspot.co.nz/2011/12/review-legend-marie-lu.html ?
Now get ready for my review of Book #2 Prodigy.
 
Review: Prodigy - Book #2 Legend Series - Marie Lu - January 2013
Have you ever read a book that you were so excited for and then as you were reading it felt blah ? Did you find that the book didn't quite live up to your expectations ? For me , this was what Prodigy felt like and if I hadn't felt the need to persevere which I think the only reason I did was because I had been looking forward to this book ever since I read the last one in December 2011 which was amazing.
Prodigy takes off where we last saw Legend with June and Day on the run for their lives as June is wanted for treason and disobeying the Republic and Day is wanted for the murder of June's brother Metias , yet June knows that he is innocent. While on the run, they meet up with the rebels known as the Patriots and are eventually caught as part of a plan to assassinate the new Elector. The new Elector however turns out to be a former acquaintance of June's - Anden. When June realises that he is nothing like his father - the previous Elector , will she help to foil the plan of his assassination or will her loyalty lie with Day and the Patriots after all -the Republic that her and her family had believed in betrayed her the day they killed the last of her family.
As I said above, if it hadn't been for my perserverance to finish this novel. I would have given up as I found it overall to be a slow book. I am in two minds though to pick up if there is a next one released the book.
 
 
 
 

Comments

  1. Aw, it's a shame you were let down by it! I thought Prodigy was a lot better than Legend, and Lu's writing style had improved a lot. There is going to be a third book out in 2014. I'll be looking out for your thoughts on it if you do decide to pick it up!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid