Review: Sydney - Jennifer Hanks


Release Day Blitz: Grace (The Dimarco Series #6) by Jennifer Hanks ...

Sydney

Review: Sydney - Book #2 The DiMarco Series - Jennifer Hanks - November 2016



I recently got the latest book on my kindle and so decided to go back and read the rest of the series. I remember reading Book #1 Lucy and enjoyed it and the book #1 ended on a cliffhanger with Cameron being alive. Book #2 is Cameron's story. We now learn that Cameron is an undercover FBI agent and for the past two years has been living undercover as Matt. Matt has been hired to bring down Danny Sullivan and his enterprise. He has been tasked to get information from Danny's ex-girlfriend Sydney. Sydney has been trying to get her life back on track after her ex almost killed her. Matt and Sydney start seeing each other and things are going well until Matt aka Cam is called in by his boss and told that they have to speed the investigation up which means that Matt aka Cam has to open Sydney up to his real identity as Cameron DiMarco. I have to admit I did find this book frustrating as Cameron was acting like a martyr but his Italian family would have been fine rather than thinking he was dead for the past two years. My favorite part though of Sydney was when Cameron reunites with his family as I loved the dynamics of the DiMarco family and it was good to be reunited with Lucy and Christian from Book #1 and I loved how easily the DiMarco family welcomed Sydney into their arms. What will happen though when Sydney learns that her brother Liam works with Danny? Will this put a strain on her upcoming relationship with Cam as Liam is her only family after their parents were killed.  I liked the ending of Sydney with the start of Book #3 Gianna, though my heart did drop a few beats and I have to admit this was one book where I had to read a spoiler as I love the DiMarco family so much and didn't want one of the brothers to be a cheater. If you love Piper Rayne's The Baileys series, then you will love Jennifer Hanks series The DiMarco Brothers.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid