Dry Bones: The Valley by Safari Spell blitz with Xpresso Book Tours.


Dry Bones: The Valley
Safari Spell
(Long Live Dead Reckless #3)
Publication date: June 18th 2019
Genres: New Adult, Paranormal, Romance

In the third novel in the LONG LIVE DEAD RECKLESS series, Talor must find a way to remember what everyone wants her to forget…or lose herself forever.
As a Grigori Princess, Talor has everything most women could ever want: love, eternal beauty, wealth, and power. Supernatural servants bend to her every will and no material desire is denied her, but that rose-colored reality begins to crack when she hears a mysterious voice speaking through music.
After a violent encounter with a sinister figure in the countryside, her husband Rami turns cold and possessive, blaming her for the growing storm between the Grigori and the Dissent. Confused and heartbroken, Talor soon becomes less like a princess and more like a prisoner in her own home.
But as the list of enemies seeking to abduct her from the Valley grows, she begins to wonder what it is they know that she doesn’t. When she is faced with an unthinkable choice, she must be braver than she ever thought possible if she is to discover the shocking truth that will change everything.
EXCERPT:
I’d never been to Memory Hill before, and I didn’t know why.
I could see it off my balcony. From time to time, I even watched servants make the pilgrimage up the hill to cry and spend time mourning loved ones, but I had never seen a grave or a funeral. Not that they were great to go to, but still. They had a use, and the people left behind needed them.
Since I didn’t know which keepsake represented Servant’s lost children, I knelt at the base of the first trellis and laid the bouquet of lilies there. Staring up at all the unread letters and fading figurines, something caught my eye. There was a fake mustache dancing in the wind, looking too playful to be at a memorial.
I scoffed, grateful someone had a really good sense of humor in such sadness to hang a fake mustache. Standing, I took hold of it, noting the familiar feeling in my hand. As I ran my fingers over the matted mess of mustache, I felt the surge of something pushing to the front of my mind.
All of a sudden, a handsome face flashed forward. With it came blonde wavy hair, earnest blue eyes, and soft lips that bent my will. A tuxedo. A river and tears.
I gasped as a letter – the start of a name – began to emerge in my mind.
S…
“Princess?” Levi called, looking like he wanted to come up the hill.
I shook my head, glancing back down with a smile. After a moment, I tentatively reached out and touched the mustache again. This time I felt the warmth of his lips and the depth and cadence of his voice as he pleaded with me. I couldn’t hear his words, but they were pulling me in even through silence. I strained as hard as I could, but I couldn’t push past the invisible wall dividing details from my memory.
Even in the lowlight shadow of the memory, I could tell it was Alexander, one of Saiza’s handsome blonde sons. Shocked, I leapt back from the mustache like it burned me. I had never been involved with one of Saiza’s sons.
Never. Right?
The mustache swayed from my motion and the wind, and I couldn’t peel my eyes away from it. How did I have intimate memories of Alexander? The memory was wrong somehow. It couldn’t have been him. After all, he wasn’t dead. Didn’t Levi say Memory Hill was for people who had passed? Even more confusing, if I had these memories, then I must’ve been the person who placed the mustache there.
But…why would I do that? And when?
I had no memory of it.


Author Bio:
Safari Spell is a native of Albany, Georgia. Author of the Long Live Dead Reckless series, she has a BA in Journalism from Valdosta State University. She currently lives in North Georgia with her husband, two children, and a backyard jungle harboring all the dinosaurs everyone thinks are extinct. Her dreams include chasing autumn around the globe and having a wallaby sidekick.

XBTBanner1

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid