VBT# Relinquishing Liberty - Maureen Mayer



 


Review: Relinquishing Liberty - Book #1 Second Chances - Maureen Mayer - August 2013

Imagine coming home from a great day at school filled with happiness and then watching as one action can tear your whole life apart within mere seconds ? That is what happened to Liberty when she discovered her brother dead. This part tugged at my heart as I had one of my best childhood friends - a guy too commit suicide the way Liberty's brother did and whilst reading it , all I could imagine was the pain that my friend's brother went through as he was the one to find him. What happens next is Liberty decides in order to move forward with her life and save herself from going under, she must up and leave all that reminded her of her brother AJ. Liberty ends up in Savannah and soon meets brother and sister Brett and Maddie. Maddie and Liberty become good friends and end up roomies. Enter Shayne, Liberty has never felt this strong about anyone before and vice versa and starts to date Shayne but what happens when she is about to move forward with him and she discovers a dark secret about his past involving Maddie ? Can she ever trust him again or will Liberty be too hurt to spend time with him and be with him ? Is this the end of Liberty's second chance at happiness or will there be an opening where Shayne can prove to Liberty that he has really changed and deserves a second chance ?
Relinquishing Liberty reminded me a bit of the movie "Crossroads" with Britney Spears etc.


 
 


 Book Soundtrack :

Can you share your idea of the perfect soundtrack to ‘Relinquishing Liberty’ with us?

I tried to put these songs in order of when I’d hear them play while reading the book:




f ‘Relinquishing LIberty’ was made into a movie and you could cast anyone at all, who would you pick? (Please attach pics separately)

Here is the cast for the 4 main characters:


Shayne: Mateus Verdelho. He’s a Brazilian model, and I wouldn’t care if he spoke Portuguese throughout the whole movie. He is exactly who I picture as Shayne. The hair, the face, the tattoos...he’s the whole package!


Liberty: Dulce Maria. She’s a Mexican actress, singer and songwriter and as soon as I saw her red/auburn hair I knew she had the exact look I pictured in my head for Liberty.

Brett: Charlie Hunnam. Yes, that’s right, I pictured freakin’ “Jax Teller” as Brett. With short blonde hair and a body to die for, I knew he would be perfect for the role of Brett.

Maddie: Julianne Hough. She’s got the look and the bubbly personality that perfectly portrays Maddie.




 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid