Great Summer Reads Countdown Blitz - Courage - Lauren H. Salisbury
The next book in this Series is available in September! Find out more about that book HERE!-->
Top Ten List:
Ten Fun Facts
1. I love making my own greeting cards and sometimes sell them at Christmas.
2. I’m allergic to lots of things, including my own hair.
3. I have an MA in education with a focus on games in English.
4. I lived in Beirut, Lebanon for a year and southern Spain for six months. I still speak some Arabic but only a little Spanish.
5. I play Minecraft at the weekends with my nieces in Canada, and we’re going to build the settlement and space cruiser from my novel, Courage, in one of our shared realms.
6. I know how to professionally frame pictures and once spent a summer working in an art gallery.
7. I’ve learned to walk twice as an adult. Once after dislocating my knee and tearing the ligaments, and once after a long-term illness that left my muscles partially wasted.
8. I donated my hair to the Princess Trust a year ago and plan to do so again.
9. My young nieces invented lots of the animals and plants for my stories, including vevom (chicken-like creatures with eight tentacles instead of legs).
10.I like to renovate old houses, and I’m about to find my fourth.
Ten Favourite Things
1. Reading. I can read for hours without noticing night falling.
2. Evaporated milk. Every baked dessert tastes better with evap, except possibly cheesecake.
3. My tablespoon. I love cooking and baking, but I never weigh anything on scales. I’ve used the same spoon for years and know how to measure every ingredient using it. Besides, it has a comfy handle.
4. Messenger. It’s how I communicate with family living in Canada.
5. My fleecy grey jumper. It’s warm and soft—perfect.
6. Dry humour.
7. Firefly. I love the mash-up between outer space and old west, English and Chinese. The main characters’ sense of wit helps too.
8. Long showers to wake me up and get my brain working.
9. Coming up with new twists for my series; hidden links between characters are my absolute favourite.
10.Designing a new card. I love to make my own.