Great Summer Reads Promotion - Confessions of a Timid Rider -Heather Wallace




"Heather Wallace is a wife, mother, entrepreneur, writer, equestrian, and animal massage therapist.

Her first book, Equestrian Handbook of Excuses, was a 2017 Literary Selection for the Equus Film Festival. Her second book, Confessions of a Timid Rider, is an autobiography detailing Heather Wallace’s insights about being an anxiety-ridden but passionate equestrian. 

After returning to riding as a mother, she is determined to follow her dreams despite the fear she is somehow lacking in talent or ability. An in-depth look into the heart and head of a returning adult equestrian, this message is not limited only those  with horse experience. 

In fact, Confessions of a Timid Rider is the perfect book to read for anyone whom even for a moment questions their value in their designated profession or life choice. This book will inspire you to pursue your dreams despite the inner voice that says you aren’t good enough.



~ Website ~ Amazon ~





"For a long time I let that fear get in my way. I always felt like I was missing something when I stepped away from horses during my teens.



I’ve come a long way since I took that first step back to horsemanship as an adult. When I say I am a timid rider, it is not because I am scared to ride. Oh no, it is because I am scared to fail. I am scared that I cannot live up to my own expectations. That my insecurities will hold me back. Or that I will let my anxiety be greater than my passion once again and step away, or worse, not try to be the person I want to be. My self doubt tries to hold me back but I refuse to give in.


These are the confessions of a timid rider."




Snippets:

#3. “While horses are obviously my passion, they can teach even non-equestrians a lesson or two. The most important lesson I’ve learned is this: as prey animals, horses have a tendency to turn and run at the very hint of adversity. Their instinct is to flee. As we work with horses, we train them to use the “thinking” side of their brains. Trainers tell us this all the time.

A horse that hesitates to move forward is a horse that is feeling scared, dull, or even uninspired. They can be dangerous and often cause frustration to those around them.

Is that how you want to live? Or do you want to be the bold, curious horse that despite uncertainty, moves forward to try new things and trusts that it is in his best interests?”




#4. “Funny how things shift so quickly. It takes one “scary” ride to shake my confidence and months to get it back. We all have our different versions of what a bad ride can be, whether it is spooking and perceived misbehavior by our horses, a bad fall, or not meeting our own expectations. Frustration with ourselves can be enough to set us back sometimes.”





To view our blog schedule and follow along with this tour visit our Official Event Page 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid