Review: Carnal Pledge - Vixen Kane





Carnal Pledge

Review: Carnal Pledge - Vixen Kane - December 2019

Taking a break from my mystery buzz was another flip through the kindle to see what jumped out at me to give a read and I came across Carnal Pledge. I didn't know what to expect just that I had gotten it as it was a bullymance story set in a college environment. With a title like this, I didn't expect much to be honest but I do have to say it did surprise me as this book had a tiny bit of depth to the story and also reminded me quite a bit of one of my favorite 90's films She's All That with Freddie Prinze Jnr and Rachel Leigh Cook. Like in that movie, Seth is in a frat and he is challenged to make Valerie aka Val to say "I Love You" before the end of the year. If Seth wins, then he will be next year's Frat President. Normally it would be an easy task but Val and Seth have history and it's not very nice as Seth hated with good reason we learn Val's now ex-boyfriend and so decided to torment Val since she was dating him and he made her life hell. The other reason that this isn't going to be easy, is that Val has just gotten a job being his sister Sarah who is autistic - her companion. Can Seth prove to Val that he has fallen head over heels for her and she is more than just a silly bet? Carnal Pledge was very much reminiscent of a lot of the late '90s/ early 2000's teen movies which brought back a lot of memories as this was my era of movies and a lot of my all-time favorites are in this category.

 







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid