Review: Feign - Cleo Fox






Feign


Review: Feign - Cleo Fox - October 2020

Looking back, I was so excited to read this book as I had loved Cleo Fox's Woodside Academy series which was a dark romance and a reverse harem. So when I saw that she had a new reverse harem book out and that it had gaming and set in college, it was automatically added to my must-read list. However, I felt this book fell flat for me as I didn't click with the main female character Persephone/Goldie and also the world of VR didn't intrigue me as much as I thought that it might have. In Feign, the main female is a bit overweight and has the world's lowest self-esteem I feel and holds grudges like mad. I found her hard to connect to as I prefer my heroines with a bit more of a gutsy attitude and if she was big, you would expect her to have this big girl confidence but she didn't. The main guys first met her in freshman year and have been attracted to her since then. The thing though is that they haven't outright told her and so they have this weird friendship going on. That's in the real world though, but in VR - the guys are having a relationship with Persephone. The thing is though they have no idea who is who in the world of VR, which again for someone wealthy and good at tech, you would have thought that they could have hacked or found out the girl's real name and then put two and two together. Overall, if you love RH and want to see how a novel works in VR, then Feign is the read for you but for personally it was borderline as I felt the whole VR scenario not sitting right for me.

Amazon :https://amzn.to/32N3ltC





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid