Review: Play the Game - J.Bree






Play the Game (Hannaford Prep #3)

Review: Play The Game - Book #3 Hannaford Prep Series - J.Bree - December 2019

In a bit of a book slump this past week, I decided to try and catch up on older books from my devices and hopped back into the Hannaford Prep Series with Book #3. I had a look on Goodreads and it had been about 9 months since I read Book #2. I have to admit, I wasn't overall impressed with Book #3 Play the Game as I felt the storyline was way too busy and I found the relationship between the guys Ash, Blaise, and Harley and then her friendship with Avery odd. It was like in a way she was a tease and that despite the four of them being under her wing, it was too strange a relationship as was a very slow burn, and in this book is so many characters - I found their story frustrating. I did love the darkness of when Ash told the story about his dad and Joey and OMFG that ending was like WOAH as I knew the particular character was going to be gone by other reviews and later books but didn't know-how. I also liked in Play the Game that we got to meet a couple of the other 'twelve" characters in their real-life situations e.g Crow, Jackal, Coyote, etc. Due to the ending of this book, I am wanting to move onto the next book, but am hoping it won't feel too busy as that's what made this book in places a tad confusing.

 Amazon : https://amzn.to/2HOd2AK









 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid