Review: The Golfer's Carol - Robert Bailey





Golf clubs in picturesque surroundings with well-kept greens 
 
 
 The Golfer's Carol

Review: The Golfer's Carol - Robert Bailey - October 2020


Normally, I am not one to read about Golf as the sport doesn't interest me that much but because of my partner's love of golf. I was able to understand the book more with the terminology and some of the "golfing heroes" and moments in history. This book starts with the main character Randy Clark who is turning 40 and the day he turns 40, he realizes he is in mountains of debt and his life isn't worth living. So, he plans to kill himself by jumping off the local bridge. During this time, he sees his old buddy and is told that he will be visited by four heroes of his past and that each has a lesson for him to learn. As you can get the gist, The Golfer's Carol is a golfing version of A Christmas Carol with the ghosts of Christmas Past being his golfing heroes and each one he gets to play a round of golf with. By the end of the four ghosts, will Randy be given a brand-new perspective on his life? Will he remember that life is worth living and even rekindle his relationship with his wife and daughter and heal past wounds? Reading The Golfer's Carol by Robert Bailey impressed me at how much I enjoyed it and I could not put it down. This book reminded me of the writing styles with its life lessons and inspirational, powerful touching stories like Andy Andrews and Richard Paul Evans who are two authors I have always enjoyed. After finishing this book, I was also inspired to rewatch an amazing golf movie I always have enjoyed called The Legend of Bagger Vance which features Will Smith and Matt Damon.

Amazon: https://amzn.to/3tw4HTQ










 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid