Review: The Good Sister - Sally Hepworth









The Good Sister

Review: The Good Sister - Sally Hepworth - April 2021

Already released in some parts of the world, I grabbed this book from Netgalley. The Good Sister sounded like an amazing mystery/thriller read and also I love stories that involve siblings that are one Good/ one Evil. It could be due to my childhood but it has always fascinated me. I found myself loving The Good Sister way more than I thought I would. This book was so amazing that afterward, I was ranting about it to a group of friends on Instagram. One of the main characters Fern is a Librarian and we read a lot of her interactions in the library, her customers, and the ones she recommends books too and her hate of technology especially the photocopier/printer. This made me love her even more, as a Librarian myself I saw a lot of myself in Fern's character and understood her on a personal level. The same goes for being a sister and growing up in a rocky home. Like Fern, the library and books growing up were my escape. In the Good Sister, Fern has a sister named Rose who was "the good one" and "responsible one". However as the book goes along, we learn that what you see on the surface isn't always the truth and that Rose is a mastermind manipulator who has been controlling Fern's life ever since she was a little girl and making Fern feel that she is a danger to society and irresponsible. What happens though when Fern falls in love with Wally aka Rocco and Rose starts to lose her grip on Fern, even more so when Fern falls pregnant? Will Rose be caught before she can destroy everything and everyone Fern has ever loved? Find out in this psychological sibling thriller "The Good Sister" by Sally Hepworth. A Mystery that everyone should add to their reading lists as The Good Sister does not disappoint.

Amazon Link : https://amzn.to/3kM9D3B









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid